The aim of the course is to give the participant a basic foundation into the practice of mindfulness applied to higher education. Mindfulness is known to improve wellbeing and can foster critical thinking, performance, creativity, and empathy; all of which are valuable life skills which can be transferred to our professional lives. During the course the participant will also develop their emotional intelligence and become more emotionally competent both on an intrapersonal and interpersonal level and thereby enhance their performance and improve their relationships.
Who is it for?
Academics, lecturers, teachers, researchers, doctoral students – any professional working in Higher Education or education management who wants to enhance their personal and professional performance, wellbeing and satisfaction, and who has an interest in transferring those skills to their students or colleagues.
• To learn the basic theory behind emotional intelligence and mindfulness
• To acquire fundamental practical skills to bring that theory into life in their careers.
• To make the necessary changes to enrichen and sustain satisfaction and performance as educators
• To increase wellbeing and decrease stress
• To become a future ambassador for the transfer of the skills and abilities acquired to others
• To enhance communicative skills
Minimum Level of English
B1 on the CEFR (Upper Intermediate)
Location of Course
Host Family and Apartment/Residence