The current generation of school students face an era of climate awareness and problems like no other. Teachers must be equipped to deal with the expanding crises of climate change and global efforts to tackle it, and be ready to deal with increased awareness and proactivity from their students and lead, nurture and develop their communicative ability to do so.
Who is it for?
For practicing high school language teachers, seeking to incorporate climate change, sustainability and environmental topics and issues into the content of their lessons and promote green awareness among their students.
• Apply best practice in language pedagogy to communication and guidance around climate change
• Prepare teachers to proactively guide students on sustainability and instil confident topic communication skills
• Provide a core set of skills, content and target language teachers will be prepared to implement in the classroom
• Guide teachers in interpreting environmental issues into suitable, beneficial classroom activities and resources
• Provide teachers with an understanding and ability to lead modern student activity and interests in this area
Minimum Level of English
B1 on the CEFR (Intermediate)
Location of Course
Host Family and Apartment/Residence