The main principal of CLIL is dual-focused education, this means that the emphasis is not only on the language but the subject as well. The challenge for language teachers is how to integrate subject teaching and learning into their own practice.
Who is it for?
For practicing high school language teachers who teach (or who want to teach) a subject in another language or who team teach with a subject teacher
• Provide an overview of the principles of CLIL teaching and your role in it as a language teacher
• Address the difficulties in implementing CLIL in your given teaching context
• Analyze a teaching methodology which will allow you to integrate subject learning into your language classroom
• Provide guidance on how to select subject material and tasks to work on in your lessons
• Focus on actual activities and practices you can implement in your classroom
Minimum Level of English
B1 on the CEFR (Intermediate)
Location of Course
Host Family and Apartment/Residence